Friday, January 23, 2009

Dear One

Oh my sweet angel I'm so sorry
No one told you life
would be full of pain and sorrow
That you would have such strife

But I promise that's not all
If you hold your head up high
You will see the beauty too
And hope will fill your eyes

I know that things are tough right now
But sooner than you think
God will take this all away
and of sweet joy you'll drink

You are so strong and you're so brave
I know you'll make it, dear
Happy times, they are ahead
So don't give in to fear

I know dear one that you're afraid
But those monsters inside
are smaller than you realize
for that is why they hide

Those fears they wait till you're alone
and tempt you with despair
But just remember night is short
the sun will soon be there

Let the sun remind you dear
though your troubles may be great
Like a nightmare it will end
As fast as when you wake

So hold your head up my dear child
Life will be good again
I know that things are tough right now
But the sun will rise again

No comments:

Post a Comment