Monday, February 2, 2009

Untitled

Standing in an open bay I look up into the night,
I close my eyes, spread my arms and wish to take flight.
The rain pounds down upon my face, lighting fills the sky,
The thunder echos around me, but can't drown out my cries.
I wish I could leave all this pain behind,
but under the bay, under the rain, with my ache is where I stay.
The falling rain becomes one with the tears that run down my face,
Slowly I lover my arms and lay down in the empty space.
I live out on the bay and gaze into the rain,
It may wash away my tears, but it can't wash away my pain.
The rain continues to fall down on me as I stare with burning eyes,
The pain in my chest is so amazingly huge, I wish I could just lay down and die.
As the winds begin to pick up a shiver runs through my heart,
it shivers not because of the wind, but because it's been torn apart.
In the open bay with the storm above is where I remain,
crying out into the wind, my tears one with the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment