Monday, February 2, 2009

Lost Childhood

Where were the safe hugs that I needed at night,
Where were the parents who would leave a night light.
Where were you when I needed to rock,
Where were you when I needed to talk.
I wanted so badly to curl up to you,
So you could hold me like real parents do.
But you left me alone and didn't really care,
So I'd curl into a ball and at my wall stare.
A mother who should have been there to protect me from harm,
Was gone to another state with a man who could charm.
A father who should have been there to hold me oh so tight,
was pretty much just using me and saying its alright.
So here I stand today hurting oh so bad,
when I think about the childhood my parents should have made sure I had.
I feel like a little girl, desiring childish things,
In my hearts, my parents put oh so many dings.
Who knew when a childhood was lost,
so much pain and grief it would cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment